Thursday, July 24, 2008

Update

I know, I know...... Where have we been? Summer has been a crazy time for us! John is getting ready to finish up his first surgers sub-i (internship) this weekend, just to begin another on Monday. He loves surgery, but the days are long, and there's not a lot of time off to be had! So we sometimes feel like a single-parent-household. I (Natalie) have decided to go back to work part-time. I am working at Massage Envy, which is a massage clinic where I get to just go and do my massages and then go home, without having to worry about any of the business end of massage. So it's going to be really good for me, but I was sad to leave my kids! My friend Samantha and I are going to be trading babysitting one day a week, so I'll have her 2 kids every Monday, and she'll take mind every Friday which will be fun for Ivy. We are also doing a little Joy School with Ivy and some other little kids her age in our ward (pictures to come). We are trying to learn our letters, but it's really more like just an organized play group! The kids have fun, and we get to teach them what it's like to have structured activities! Other than that Ivy and Porter are just growing and changing every day! I am having lots of fun with them. Porter weighed in at 16 pounds and some ounces at his 4 month doctors visit, and is rolling both ways now. Ivy will turn 2 next month and is a very sweet, but very typical 2-year-old. She is always striving for independence! So all-in-all, we are doing well and everybody is happy and healthy! Stay tuned for more!

8 comments:

The Davidsons said...

Sounds like you guys are having such a busy summer! I hope john is enjoying becoming a surgeon! It's too funny that you brought up Richard's oh so ugly hair. He still talks about that to this day! Whenever it start's looking like it's time to get it cut he always says "Well does it look as bad as that time you told natalie that it looked ugly?" He is never going to get over it. But it is still funny! Well hope that you guys are doing great!!

The Turleys said...

How fun for you to go back to work! I have seen a few of those places around, and actually know someone who goes to one of those places to get her monthly massage. What darling little ones you have. Crazy that Ivy is turning 2!!

Cory & Rebeca said...

What a busy life you guys lead! It sounds like fun though, and you job sounds way nice. :)

Cam and Chelle said...

It sounds like you have busy summer ahead of you! It's always good to have stuff to do! Congrats on your little mover! What a sweetie!

Monson Family Fitness said...

Sounds like such an exciting life! I hope that work has been good this week...kinda scary going back...but enjoy the time away from the two little darlings!

Chelsea said...

oh man...if only I lived closer! I need a Natalie massage!!! Glad you are having a good summer:)

Nick and Leila said...

I bet a surgery subI is crazy! I'm way impressed, tell him great job! How do you do it? That would be so hard!

Randi said...

I know what you mean...summer has been crazy for us too! It's hard to keep up on the blogging with all of the craziness! Your kids are so cute. And congrats to you and Jon on five years together!

That is great that you get to do some massage again. That is one of the memories I have of you...working at MLC together and me being lucky enough to get some fabulous massages from you!