Sunday, May 17, 2009
A Sad Post, WARNING: extreme cheeziness to follow.
We are at such a bitter-sweet junction in our lives right now. On one hand, we are so excited and ready for John to graduate, and so thankful that he has a job. We are also so excited to be moving to Indiana and embracing all of the changes that come with a big move. The last few weeks have been spent in preparation for our move, and I've been so dang busy I haven't really had time to think about the things/people we will be leaving. When we moved to Colorado 4 years ago I was so afraid that we wouldn't have any friends, but how wrong I was! We have the most incredible ward family, and we couldn't have asked for a better support system to help us get through Medical School! Now that we're getting closer to the big day, I am beginning to realize that I'm seeing people for the last time, and seeing places for the last time (at least for a while!). I have a bit of a permanant lump in my throat today, not becuase I don't want to go, but because I just want to take everyone with me! I hope my friends here in Colorado know what a strong influenced you have made on my life. You are all such fabulous women, great examples of the type of mother I strive to be, and just the best friends. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
thanks for making the tears flow! i hear you! it is such a mixed-emotion kind of time for us as well. we are so excited for the new adventure ahead, but thinking about leaving so many people we love and the friends that my ty will be sad to leave...i have been crying a lot lately. i wish we could take all our favorite people from different walks of life and live in my own little compound. it is hard to leave knowing that i don't really have a good reason to come back to texas often...of course to se friends, but i feel differently about my utah friends because i know i will be home a few times a year...good luck with the big move! we look forward to following you through the next phase!
I remember that. Good luck to you guys in all you do. Thanks for being such great friends and neighbors!
I'm so sad you guys are leaving! We should have gotten together more often! Tim wants John to email him. His address is runyontim@aol.com Good luck in Indiana!!
Good luck with your move Natalie! I hope everything goes well. And congrats on John's graduation! That is awesome! As you know we just moved from Millville to Bear Lake & I was pretty sad about it, but I don't have much to complain about because we are still close. I can see why you're sad. It would be hard to move that far away. But I am excited for you & the future adventures you have ahead! That is exciting that you get to experience a new place!
Post a Comment