Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We Made It!

Last week we made the big move from Denver to Indiana, and it was a crazy process. John drove the U-haul and towed his car, and I drove my car with the kids. I wasn't really sure if we would last through that long car-ride, but everybody is still alive with no major complaints! The kids were actually perfect. I don't know what I did to deserve it, but I couldn't have asked for them to be better. I can honestly only think of one meltdown, and that was on the home-stretch.....I was about to have a meltdown as well, so who can blame the kids? We had the portable DVD player all ready to go, but somehow someone (John) packed all of the DVD's except Aladdin. All I have to say about that is: Thank Heaven for Dum-Dums! We are loving our new house, and I will post pics of it soon!

They sat like this for about 20 hours of total driving time. Crazy. These pictures were taken about 10 hours into the trip, and they're still smiling! What great kids.


11 comments:

Ann said...

I'm glad you made it and that your kids behaved so well. Ivy looks just like you. We will be moving back to Utah later this summer and will be making the long drive then. I hope we fare as well as you did!

Amber said...

Congrats on the move! That is a huge undertaking. A big cross country move is no small task. Glad that it will be a few years before you have to move again. Hope you like Indiana and experiencing that part of the country. Excited to read about all your adventures.

Teri said...

Congrats! Glad you guys made it in one piece! Can't wait to see pics of the new house!!! POST SOON!

Neisha said...

Oh, good luck. I hate moving. I hope you love it there. I am still working on your homemade gift. Maybe you could send me an e-mail or drop me a facebook message when you get a minute with your new address.

Cory & Rebeca said...

What great kids you have! Glad you guys made it there safe and sound and are enjoying your new life in Indiana, can't wait to see pics of your new home!

B and J said...

What great kids! That is a really long car ride, I don't think I could do it! Glad you made it safe and sound and with smiles on your faces! I am excited to see the new adventures in Indiana!

Diana said...

I already miss you but I know you will love Indiana. I will have to make a visit if I ever get out there. I do have some family out there so maybe I will be able to stop by. Glad the drive wasn't to hard on you or the kids. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to get to know you and the kids. Best of luck.

The Donigans said...

Yahoo! I'm glad the travels went well! Good luck on your new adventure!

Chelsea said...

yaay so happy for you! Your kids are so cute, and 20 hours in the car? I think I would have gone crazy myself.. :) can't wait to see pics of your house!

The Carlson Crew said...

Way to go, Porter and Ivy! We hope you are loving your new house, and can't wait to hear about your new adventures!

Mauri said...

glad to see y'all made it safely. the drive sounds mighty familiar with the hubby in the truck and the wife and two kids following behind. i guess we are about a week behind y'all. we have been in MN less than a week but are enjoying it so far. it seems like we left texas months ago...good luck with the transition! here is to our next adventure!