A few things we've learned so far:
1. If you leave a package of oreos (or anything else) uncovered overnight, they will be soggy in the morning. Humidity is awful!
2. Indiana is called "The Hoosier State," but nobody really knows what a hoosier is.
3. People are serious about their sports here, and apparently the first thing you are supposed to do when you move in is deck out at least one bathroom with Colts merchandise. Not on your life!
So I guess we haven't learned much so far, but we'll have a few (or 7) more years, so I guess it's good we're pacing ourselves. We wouldn't want to learn to much all at one time! We did get to have a fun date the other night, thanks to my Mom the babysitter. We took a peddle boat on the downtown canal, and it was really fun and beautiful! I thought I'd share a few pictures.
It's our own little Venice!
Oh, I guess we've learned 4 things! Did you know there are 4-person bikes? How fun!
This pyramid fountain was actually on the IUPUI campus, where John will be spending his days (and nights) starting July 1st. It's a beautiful campus, right next to the canal district.
Not the best picture, but I thought we needed one since we probably won't go on another date for about a year! Love ya babe!
11 comments:
You guys are too cute! Nat you are seriously the most supportive wife John is so lucky to have you! I hope that you guys enjoy your new place to call home for awhile!
Hey Natalie! I'm glad you guys made it to your new home safely. That is so exciting that you get to live in and experience a different state. I enjoy reading your blog :)
Glad you guys are getting settled and are having a chance to check out a few things before John starts the residency. Seven years...Yikes! At least it is in a cool area of the country.Natalie it sounds like you are going to need some more hobbies. I really started to enjoy quilting while Spencer was in dental school. Give it a try if you haven't. Also... a few book reccomendations The Tea Rose and the Winter Rose. I don't remember the author but they were both long and very good.
Nat- I hope you guys are adjusting well. Are you coming home anytime soon? For Jaqueline's wedding??? We should get together!
YEA! I'm glad you've settled in, and it's so nice you got a visit from your mom! Don't become Colt fans! Get a Broncos shower curtain instead! :)
GO COLTS!! We are big Colts fan here :) You should go to a game for me! Glad you guys are settling in and enjoying your new life in Indy!
Ahhh, what a nice little date! Sorry it won't happen again soon for you. We miss seeing your smiling face every Sunday! enjoy yourselves out there!
Yeah, humidity stinks! My mom just came for a visit and she bought us a de-humidifier for our downstairs.
Good luck with the looming onset of July!
Ahhh. . .Hey, you can have a date sooner. You just have to come to NYC and we'll watch the kids one night while you go to a play or something.
Thanks for sharing fun pictures of your new hometown. I hear your house is beautiful and that you have A LOT of wallspace to cover. You're going to love it and need to keep money in the budget for fun things here and there.
Kiss the cute kids for me. We love you!
Yeah- You made it and even got a date. You need that after a long move. Hope everything works out for you!
Post a Comment