Ivy's Prayer at the dinner table tonight went something like this:
Dear Heavenly Father,
Please Bless The Food.
And Please Bless that we Love Heavenly Father.
And Please Bless that we don't pick our lips, but sometimes we do.
And Please Bless that we will drive safe.
And we love Heavenly Father again.
Please bless that we don't play with the curtains and they might fall down.
Please bless that we like worms.
And please bless Daddy while he's at work, but he's still in our family.
Amen.
I wish I could record all of her prayers! They are just so sweet and innocent, and sometimes quite funny. I think when Ivy prays is when I get the most insight as to what she has on her mind. I appreciate her little obedient spirit so much. Ivy nearly always corrects us if we forget a prayer at meal-time. Thanks for keeping us on the right track, little miss Ivy! We love you.
8 comments:
I think it's the age. Morgan's sound a lot like that, but she sometimes says them in "French" so only she and Daddy know what she says. (Only she doesn't know French!) Ivy's one Cute girl!
Haa! The worms and the curtain part of the prayer are my favorite. So cute. Adrienne thanked Heavenly Father for scissors and haircuts a few days ago.
LOL! "Please bless that we don't pick our lips, but sometimes we do"!!! Hahaha! I love it.
Oh she's cute!
That is such a sweet prayer!!!
So sweet from your little beauty. Thanks for sharing a good moment. The other day Scott was praying, yet Swensen thought it was his turn, so he started his own little prayer. It was a little awkward so Scott stopped so Swensen could finish. Seems like Swensen takes his turn every meal!
Oh my heck. I laughed my head off! That is so cute. How is it that they remember these things randomly, but while in action it's as if they've never heard it before!
oh so cute. i love it. i was cracking up. and about the bug squishing too.
Post a Comment