Saturday, November 26, 2011

He's Here!


Tanner August Wennergren was born on November 10, 2011. He made his big arrival at 9:32pm, and was 8 pounds 3 ounces, 20 inches long. We are so happy to have him here! He is such a handsome little guy. We love having a baby in our home again! Ivy and Porter adore him, and John and I think he is completely wonderful and perfect!
Not the best lighting in this shot of John and I, but I wanted a picture of the 2 of us when we got to the hospital. I was so nervous and excited! We couldn't wait to meet our little guy. John was a lot calmer than I was at this point, but I was trying hard to appear relaxed.
And here's the last documentation I have of my pregnant self! I was 38 weeks along. Can you believe that I was dilated to a 6 at this point?
I went to my doctor's appointment at 10:30 that morning, and when the nurse practitioner checked my cervix she found out how far I was dilated and called the Doctor to find out if I should go in to the hospital. Of course the doctor said yes, so after a quick trip to the grocery store, some lunch, and saying goodbye to the kids and my Mom off we went! We got to the hospital around 3:00. At this point I wasn't feeling much pain with contractions so I half expected them to send me back home, but I figured I'd be a good sport and see how things played out for a while. They monitored my contractions while John and I hung out and talked, and watched tv. I started feeling stronger contractions around 8:45 that night. Finally by about 9:15 the contractions were really strong, so John called the nurse in. She checked me, and I was at a 9! I was ready to push, but nothing was ready! The doctor wasn't there, and the room was not set up for delivery yet. The nurse said that the doctor would be there in about 10 minutes, and I think my heart sunk at that point. I knew this baby wasn't going to wait 10 more minutes. Before I knew it I was pushing. Our sweet baby boy arrived safe and sound, and was caught just in time by a great nurse ~ who just happened to have recently completed her Certified Nurse-Midwife boards. Convenient, huh! The baby was perfectly pink, and screaming! We fell in love right away!

 Our 8 pound little guy! He was chubby already!
He spent quite a while after he was born really awake and alert! It was such a fun time.
We love his chubby cheeks and arched eyebrows!

Tanner and his proud Papa!

5 comments:

Grandma Princess said...

Congratulations!
We have been waiting to hear about the new arrival.
Thanks for posting and adding pictures.
Everyone looks well and happy.
Tanner is a handsome little big guy.

With love from COLD Logan-
Pam Davidson

The Carlson Crew said...

Congratulations, Wennergrens! Tanner is beautiful, and I'm so glad the big kids are loving him, too. What a great family!

The Boring Family said...

Yay for babies! And, he's got hair! Our poor Carson probably won't have any for at least 2 more years! Glad everything went quick and mostly worry free! Congratulations!

Ann said...

So, so handsome! I'm so glad things went well. Congratulations on your sweet little bundle!

Katelyn said...

You made your delivery sound so easy! Did you even get an epidural? And such a big boy for only 38 weeks! Imagine if he had waited another 2! You are one of the cutest looking pregnant women! Seriously. And he is precious! Congrats Natalie!