Monday, March 17, 2008

He's Here!!!!!!!

Our new baby Porter was born on Friday! His birth was really unexpected and REALLY fast! I went to my regular doctors appointment at 2:00, and was already dilated to 6 centimeters. So my doctor sent me over the hospital (luckily it is just across the street) where John met me and our friend Valerie met us to pick up Ivy. (THANK YOU VAL!) By the time my doctor got there I was dilated to an 8, and once she broke my water it was pretty much over. Two pushes and he was here! We are SO excited to have our little boy! Here are a few pictures. We think he's pretty cute!



Porter was so alert right after his birth. His poor little face was all bruised though from descending down the birth canal so quickly :( Poor little guy.
Spending some time with Mom in the NICU
Daddy and his baby boy
Ivy has been hanging out with my Mom baking cookies and having lots of fun! She hasn't been able to hold her baby brother yet, but I'm sure she'll love him tons!

21 comments:

Monson Family Fitness said...

My mom and I think he looks a lot like Ivy! We can't see the John resemblence yet...but we might just have to see him in person for that + a few years! But congrats! He's cute!

Anneka said...

Congrats!! I've been watching your blog hoping for the news! Glad everything was easy for you!

Jonathon and Sarah said...

So not even fair! Since it is so easy for you, you better have a lot of babies to make up for the rest of us:) We are so happy for your family. We wish we could be there to see him in person. Enjoy your sweet boy.

Anonymous said...

Nat and John,

Congratulations on your adorable bundle. Hope all is going well. Good luck with everything.

Love,
Ann and Kenny

Teri said...

Congrats you guys! I kept checking your blog to see if the day had arrived yet! That is awesome! I love the name you chose....so cute!

Andi said...

AHHH! He's beautiful!!!!!!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Great name! Congrats on the new baby boy, thats great to hear that it went so well! He looks a lot like Ivy, so sweet! Congrats Congrats!

Hallie said...

yea! glad he's here, and wow fast labor hun, guess he just really wanted out!

Celeste said...

Congratulations!! Yea a boy!!! I'm so glad he is here!! I love his name! He is very handsome!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to meet him! He looks adorable! So precious! Glad that you're doing well. Let me know if I can help in any way, though.

Randi said...

Yay! Congratulations you guys. You are now a family of four! How does it feel? I am glad everything went so well.

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

CONGRATS! I kept checking your blog to see if anything had happened yet! What a precious boy. I hope all goes well with the recovery and transition to 2 kids! You'll do great! Love ya

Chelsea said...

COngrats! I can't believe how fast your pregnancy went for me:) He is adorable!!!!

Claydens said...

Yeah Natalie! I'm so glad your baby is here and healthy! I love the name POrter to! Good job on the quick delivery!

Amber said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie. I hope that you are all doing well. I am really excited for you guys. What a perfect little family. I am sure that Ivy will be a wonderful big sister.

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

hey you didn't mention the stats...how big was he?

Natalie said...

FYI-
Porter was 6 lbs. 15 oz. and 19 inches long. And he had to spend a little time in the NICU becuase he was having a hard time breathing, but he came home yesterday. I'll post more later!

Skinners said...

He's so cute! Way cute name! I'm so happy for you that he's here, it's over and all is well. I'm leaving for AZ next week and will be back a week later (April 2). I'd love to come by and see you. I'll give you a call.

Cam and Chelle said...

Yea!! Welcome to the world, Porter! He's so so cute! Can't wait to meet him in person!! Congrats Wennergren Fam!!

Shelley said...

Congrats congrats! No wonder I haven't heard back from you about Visiting Teaching, you've had A LOT more to worry about! I am so happy for you! Is there anything I can do? Maybe this month, I'll just send everyone a card introducing us and saying we want to come by and say Hi in April, how does that sound. Please let me know if I can help in any way!

Eric and Brynn said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! How fun to have a little boy in the family. We love checking on your cute little family.
Oh, Clariss (McCombs) Law says hello.