Saturday, June 11, 2011

Swimming

 I signed the kids up for swim lessons at our local high school this summer. They go twice a week for 4 weeks, so hopefully by the end they will be enjoying it, and be able to do a few things! Porter started out hesitant, but interested. At first he was worried that there would be sharks in the water! But, he put his feet in the water, and was really good at listening. (Yay!) His teacher even got him in the water, but it ended up like this:


Oh man, he can be such a stinker. We are working on the "sticking out the tongue" thing.


This is how he was at the beginning of class number 1. He looks ok, right? Well, I was pretty optimistic.

However, when we went back for the 2nd lesson, he wouldn't even put his feet in. He screamed and threw a fit the whole time. I still don't understand why this child throws fits. I can compete in a battle of wills with the best of them, and he has yet to win against me by throwing a fit. But he still tries. His teachers may kick him out if he does it agan. I heard one of the other parents say "Only time will tell with that one." Haha! Yep, I guess so. I took him to our neighborhood pool that night, and made him get in with me. He wasn't thrilled but he eventually realized that I wasn't going to drop him, and had fun. Hopefully he'll learn to trust his teacher too.

Ivy, as you can see had a good time! She was pretty timid too, but she gave it a shot and loved it. 
She had a death grip on the side of the pool......
....but was pretty much fine unless she got splashed in the face!
I will keep you updated on future swimming lessons! I'm sure it'll be a fun summer adventure for us!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love those cute kids!!!