Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Whew!

Do you ever have one of those days where you ask yourself what you were thinking? Why did I have kids in the first place? And then you look down at your growning belly and think "Oh, crap. We've done it again!". The kids are down for "naps", or whatever it is they do in their rooms while I turn on my selective hearing and try to pretend they are sleeping soundly. I am taking a quick break and then am going to start cleaning off my nightstand since it looks like a tornado hit it, after which I am off to clean the couch that someone pooped on yesterday. Yes, it's true. And I'm sure you can all guess who that someone might be. Man, is it possible to have post-partum depression with a 3-year-old? I'm not sure we've bonded enough to justify all of the poop that this child has made me clean up. Seriously, I would take a trade deal if anyone wanted to consider one. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. I do really love Porter. He makes life at our house much more lively than it would be otherwise! He's always there to make me laugh, and tell me he loves me.Sometimes it's just hard to see through all that poop. Dear Porter- please stop doing that. Thanks! Love, Mom.
Oh, and by the way. Baby #3 is a boy too. We're in for it now!

9 comments:

Scott and Jamie said...

Oh my goodness, our families are gonna be the same: one girl then two boys! Crazy, huh! Well, I think all boys must be the same because I've had the same trouble with Cole. He's been potty trained since February, but still not poopy trained. Please let it happen before baby #3 gets here!

The Boring Family said...

Congrats on another baby boy! I totally hear you about the "What were we thinking??" part of having kids. Here I am, weeks away, and as I was holding a friend's baby today, I thought, "Am I really serious about this again? Well, there's no turning back now, so bring it on!!" (Really, I was thinking, "I hope my baby is as angelic as I'm imagining him to be and he won't cause me any loss of sleep, grief, or stress!" But that's not ever going to happen!)
Sorry that spunky little Porter is getting on your nerves. Sadie turns 3 in a few weeks and I was hoping it all went away then (just kidding!)!
Hang in there!

Andi said...

Ha hahahahahah. Natalie you are so great. I have had such a hard time with Jack. NO MORE POOP you little weasels!!!
Congrats on a BOY! So great!

Monson Family Fitness said...

A BOY! Oh congrats! So far my boy is so much more laid back than sweet ol' Charly! But he might turn on me too, you never know! Well I sure hope you use our name that we made for ya, it's a cute one, ok at least i think so! Are you coming sometime this summer?

The Davidsons said...

Oh Nat I feel for you...it must be a second child thing, Jack has the same problem! I'm always telling him how much I hate poop and he just looks at me like why would you hate poop LOL! I always tell him he's lucky his cute or he might not survive...but I sure do love him!

Ann said...

So fun to have another boy! I loved your post. Motherhood is wonderful but crazy....and messy.

Cory & Rebeca said...

How fun for another boy! There must be a conspiracy going around cause Sophie pooped on our couch too this week! Hang in there. :)

Jami said...

Porter will be so happy to have a little buddy. Congrats!

geeno said...

oh jeez - thanks for that laugh. and thank heaven for selective hearing. and my goodness i'm sorry about all the poop - i can hardly keep my patience with the pee accidents and poop almost sends me through the roof. ahhh wonderful motherhood/perpetual bodily fluid cleanup patrol.