Friday, March 1, 2013

Chi-town

Chi-town is a nickname for Chicago, right? Well, John and I made our first-ever trip there. Not to mention our first-ever kidless vacation. Well, since we had kids, and as long as house-hunting doesn't count. It's about time, right? My Mom and Dad were so sweet to come out and stay with our kids so that we could have a little get-away. We loved, LOVED being able to just walk around, and do whatever we wanted without having to worry about packing up the kids and all of their stuff. You don't realize how much more complicated it is to do things with kids until you have an opportunity to do something without them. We do love them though, and were happy to get back home to them. We did lots of eating out, which I always love. We also had a chance to go to a movie, and do lost of walking around downtown. We also learned how to ride a bus, and I took a taxi for the first time ever. John told me that I need to get out more :)
We had looked into a lot of different things to do while we were there, and eventually we decided to buy a City Pass. For $85, you get admission to five different downtown attractions. We went to the Adler Planetarium, the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, the Sky Deck, and the John Hancock Observatory.

This is the view from the John Hancock Observatory, which boasts the fastest elevator in the Western Hemisphere. Woohoo! I was glad we went at night...the lights were beautiful.



This is from the Skydeck. We are sitting on a glass ledge. I may or may not be just a tad afraid of heights. So this was quite the big step for me. But it made for a good picture with my sweetie.

 
My favorite attraction was the Aquarium. I loved the dolphin and whale show, but I have to say the one at the Indianapolis zoo is actually better. The best thing about the show, for me, was that it overlooks the lake as well. Really cool.
 


1 comment:

Brittany said...

We went to Chicago last year and loved it. So much cleaner that I thought it would be. Looks like you guys had an awesome time!