Thursday, April 24, 2008

Adventures at our House

Okay, I know I've been slacking on the pictures. I've had a crazy couple of days. It all started Monday night, when Porter decided to spit up, and completely soaked the front of me. Then Ivy got sick. Then John and I decided to try to potty train Ivy (needless to say we were unsuccessful for the time being). Then Ivy got sick again. So, I think it goes without saying that we have had plenty of bodily fluids to clean up in the last 48 hours. We are hangin' in there, and hoping for a better day tomorrow! Wish us luck! Oh, and bring on the potty training tips all of you more experienced moms! I don't think we'll try again for a couple of months, but I'd like to be more prepared next time.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Hope everyone at your house gets feeling better soon. Potty training sounds like no fun. Wish I had some good tips for you.

Karen said...

What a cute family you have! Your new little boy is adorable! I love the hair. Babies with hair are the best! I love just feeling Eli's hair when he's feeding. Good luck with the potty training and hope everyone is feeling better!

Karen (Leo)

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

Sounds like you've definitely had better days. Hopefully things go a little smoother soon.

One tip I have is when you are trying to get the poop in the potty thing down, if Max pooped in his underwear I would stand him in the tub and make him take it off by himself and have him push the poop out of his underwear into the toilet. Does that make sense? Then I would just remind him that the poop goes in the potty not our underwear! It only took him like 2 accidents and then he had it down. He hated it, but it worked! Good luck!

The Douglas's said...

Nat!!!! I found your blog!!! How are you? COngrats on the new little one! I am so exited for you. How are you feeling? how is john doing with school?

Cam and Chelle said...

Sorry for the sickies week! Hope you all are recovering nicely, as for tips, just don't do it how I did! What a nightmare!!!

Chelsea said...

oh man...hang in there! a sick house is the worst! and I tried potty training for a day too...they went in the potty all day so good but when they were in their high chairs for lunch they both had accidents so I quit:) ha ha