Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Update

Just a little update on us........ things are going well! We are all adjusting to being a family of 4, and enjoying having a baby in the house again. I have pretty much conquored the grocery store scene with two kids, but tried to go to Kohl's with both of them this morning and was not so successful. I think it's time for a double stroller!
Ivy is really sweet with Porter. She blows him kisses and always checks to make sure he's "K" (okay). But she doesn't really want to be too involved at this point. She'll probably think he's more fun once he starts playing, and is a little more alert.
This picture is the only one I really have of them together. Ivy is just too busy to spend her time holding a baby (at least a real one). I love how she's just resting her arm on his head. Poor little boy! He's going to have to be a tough one!

Ivy has also made the official move into a twin bed. She loves her "big girl bed" and has made the transition relatively smoothly. My mom made her a quilt with matching pillows that have cats, dogs and mice on them....so I'm sure that helps!
Baby Porter is growing like crazy. He will be three weeks on Friday. He is a good eater, and just a really happy baby. For those that don't know, he had a hard time adjusting to the altitude after he was born, so he wasn't getting enough oxygen. The NICU kept him for a couple of extra days and ran a bunch of tests, but they never found anything wrong. So we have had him on oxygen at home, but he has been doing really well and we actually don't have him on it very much any more, other than a little bit at night. Here a few recent pictures of the little guy:

12 comments:

Randi said...

Cute pictures Natalie! Porter is so handsome! I think it's a challenge to take one child to the grocery store, so nice job being able to handle them both :)

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

So cute Natalie! I'm glad things are going well. Ivy cracks me up with her arm up like that. I'm impressed that you've already made it out in public with both of them. WAY TO GO!

Carie Annie said...

It can be pretty tough at times adjusting from one child to two.

Ivy's still pretty young so I vote for the double stroller, It's worth it in my opinion.
I always wanted one and finaly got it when my second was about two and really used it well with my third.

Monson Family Fitness said...

oh cute! I love how Ivy is just not interested the baby...that makes me laugh! I also love how in two pictures now Porter is givin' us the peace sign! I'm glad all is going well and everyone is adjusting...did you take my advice about Ivy?

The Boring Family said...

So, how do you do the grocery store thing? I'll need some hints in a couple of months! Cute kids, like always!

Chelsea said...

oh your kids are so cute! I'm glad to hear he is doing better and better:) good job on the grocery store, and YES you have to have a double stroller!

jill d said...

Super cute pictures Nat! I'm so glad you are all adjusting to life so well and that Porter is such a good baby. Thanks for finding time to get on your blog, I've missed you!

Cam and Chelle said...

I just love those cute cheeks! You have gorgeous kiddies!

Skinners said...

What a cutie! He looks like John. I want to come see you but we are all fighting colds right now so I'll stay away for a bit. Glad to hear Ivy is adjusting well. I've learned with my second that babies are tougher than we give hten credit for. Keep up the good work. I still haven't done the grocery store thing but I have done Wal-Mart so I figured that counts. Let me know if I can do anything for you!

Teri said...

Hey Natalie, I would love to take your family photos! Especially those cute kids of yours! When ever you are feeling up to it we can schedule a time to do it!
Teri

Colton and Ashley said...

OH MY GOSH! He's here!!! He's Super cute! Congratulations! You make cute babies!

Shelley said...

Cute cute cute! I'm glad Porter is doing better and that he has such a concerned sister to watch out for him. I hope you are feeling well too. Lets get together, give me a call when your available and we'll set up some exciting appointments huh!!! :)