Saturday, October 18, 2008
Just in case you were wondering...
I have had a lot of people ask me lately what John is up to these days, so I thought I'd just tell you all! Anyway, John is in his 4th and last year of medical school (Wahoo). Which means that he graduates in May and then we will be off to general surgery residency which will last 5-6 years. He is in the process of setting up interviews, and out of the 39 programs he applied to, he has recieved interview offers at somewhere around 22 so far (We will not be accepting them all). What a smarty I am married to! He also took the written part of the board exam (step 2) yesterday, and is relieved that part is over. He flies to Houston next week to take the practical part of the exam, and hopefully get in some relaxing time by the pool. He has done so well and I am so proud of him! Go John!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay Wennergrens! I wish Brian was done with his exam! You'll already be in Utah before he's done! Hope John has fun in Houston...the one time I went for a roommate's wedding, it was like 110% humidity (if that's possible)! Be prepared!
Glad to hear that everything is going so well for John and the rest of you. It is nice to see and end in sight... even if it is just with that leg of the journey. What exciting and good times for you though. By the way... I love the family pics. I think I already said that but they are so cute.
Sounds like a great road ahead of you! Aren't you SO anxious to know where the next adventure will take you? 5 months...So exciting! Rick takes Step 2 in Houston in 3 weeks. Hope it goes well for both the boys! Did John apply to UT Southwestern? If he did and is planning to interview here, he is more than welcome to crash with us. Rick has been a great tour guide to many prospective students and interns...Congrats on all the interview offers. What a relief! It is still very early for Ortho. Rick has been offered a few interviews, but he really didn't expect to be hearing until late November. Enjoy the journey!
Post a Comment