Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Okay, so this post is a little embarassing for me, but I just need a little motivation, and what works better that public embarassment? So here goes:
I have 10 pounds to lose.......10 pounds that weren't here before I was pregnant with Porter, and I want them gone! I have a HUGE sugar addiction, and I hate working out, so obviously, I'm having a hard time kicking them!
Recently, I have really tried eating healthier, but I still seem to find my way to the cookie aisle at the grocery store. So I'm definitely going to try to not fall prey to the bakery goods. But more importantly, I just wanted to let you all know that I am starting a new workout routine. I am starting with Tae Bo at home, so that I don't have to work out in public at first, but within a few weeks I plan on going to the rec center.
So please check in with me and ask me how it's going, becuase I definitely need reminders, and I want to be held accountable!
Also, if any of you moms have great tips for losing the post-baby belly pooch (non-surgical), I'd love to hear 'em! Thanks for listening!

13 comments:

jill d said...

You are tiny! I wish that it was only 10 lbs that I need to lose, mine is a lot more. Good luck!

Adam and Nikki said...

I have to saw that I love Taebo, it will kick you into shape in no time. I have to say as well, I don't see the 10lbs you need to loose. I will check in with you and see how you are doing.

Neisha said...

Taebo is my favorite at home workout. It kind of makes workig out fun. I don't know if this is motivating or not, but I gained 10lbs with each baby, and I never really got any of it off - so multiply that by 5 and guess how much I need to lose. It gets way harder as you get older, so GOOD LUCK - don't give up.

The Davidsons said...

Oh Natalie I'm right there with you! I just started working out also I've been doing Pilates for about 2 weeks! I hate it but it is definitly paying off! Good Luck I wish I only had 10 to lose!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Nat. I don't do work outs but I'll do what I can to help. Maybe you need to get John do to it with you. Plus, I also hear that dance dance revolution is a good workout :) Dave W.

B and J said...

I have 10 lbs. to lose to, I love doing tae-bo, we bought a Wii a while ago and got Wii fit, I love it, it is great. I will check in with you if you will do the same for me.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Nat, that sweet tooth came from my genes! I am having some success with LOTS of crunches morning and evening. The exercise ball and something good on tv makes the time go fast.

Karen said...

Okay, first of all, you're tiny and I don't know what 10 pounds you're talking about, but anyway...GOOD LUCK with the Tae Bo. I bought a couple of those dvd's a couple years ago and they seriously kicked my butt!! I was almost passed out on the floor after the warm up :P

Cory & Rebeca said...

OKKKKK Nat, what 10 lbs?! You've always looked amazing and still do but its always good to just take care of your body. The taebo dvds are great, Billy will get your butt into gear for sure! :) When the weather is nice and you're outside with Porter and Ivy you can do exercises with them in a park- use the stroller to do lunges, leg lifts, as you're walking and use Porter as extra weight when doing crunches- place him on your feet when your legs are stretched out infront of you and off the ground then and bring your knees into your chest while simultaneously doing a crunch. Also use him and ivy to work your delts/biceps/tricpes just by lifting them. I'm doing this with Sophie, I didn't have to lose any weight (luckily all the weight I put on was all sophie, water, and placenta) but I'm flabby so I'm having the joy of tightening everything back up. Once you feel comfortable hitting the gym pilates and spin are great classes to take. If you need anymore wo tips let me know! Love ya!

Cory & Rebeca said...

OKKKKK Nat, what 10 lbs?! You've always looked amazing and still do but its always good to just take care of your body. The taebo dvds are great, Billy will get your butt into gear for sure! :) When the weather is nice and you're outside with Porter and Ivy you can do exercises with them in a park- use the stroller to do lunges, leg lifts, as you're walking and use Porter as extra weight when doing crunches- place him on your feet when your legs are stretched out infront of you and off the ground then and bring your knees into your chest while simultaneously doing a crunch. Also use him and ivy to work your delts/biceps/tricpes just by lifting them. I'm doing this with Sophie, I didn't have to lose any weight (luckily all the weight I put on was all sophie, water, and placenta) but I'm flabby so I'm having the joy of tightening everything back up. Once you feel comfortable hitting the gym pilates and spin are great classes to take. If you need anymore wo tips let me know! Love ya!

Melissa said...

I've done his workouts before and they're good. My only advice is: be consistent. Decide what you want to do and do it. I totally understand the sugar thing. My goal this year is to go 300 days without sugar (not because I'm crazy, but because I sincerely want to break the addiction). I know sugar alone won't kill me, but the way I eat it, it just might. A final tip is: be patient. You are in the post-mommy stage and the weight will come off if you try. It may be slow, but don't give up. You can do it!

Melissa said...

p.s.
If you want to burn it fast, last winter I went mall walking and outdoor walking when the weather was good. I pushed Regen in the stroller and carried Cadence on my back. That was shedding the lbs. fast!

Valerie said...

There's nothing like putting your goal out there where others can see to make it easier to stick to. Go Natalie! (My weight loss goal: Lose the 6 pounds I gained during my 2 decadent weeks in Utah.)