Friday, January 8, 2010
Pity Party
I really don't want this blog to be a pity party, and I am not fishing for compliments (although they are always appreciated!) I'm really just venting. However, I am sad! I was going through some paperwork and organizing files today and came across an old driver's lisence from Utah from right after I got married. I looked fabulous (sorry to brag a bit)! I had great tan skin, long cared-for hair, and looked young and pretty. And this is a driver's license photo! Pathetic. I have got to find a way to feel pretty again :( How vain of me, right? Maybe this is just life as a mommy and bags under the eyes are the price we pay! I think a vacation to somewhere warm and tropical might help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I feel your pain Nat! However I still think you look great! I think a tropical getaway would be great for all us moms!
I'm right there with you! I've decided that I don't look as young and beautiful as my wedding photos that hang on our bedroom wall. But, I've enjoyed so much of life since then--college, kids, work, friends, family...--that I'm willing to embrace wrinkles and gray hair (hopefully in many years, though)!
Dewey says you're absolutely beautiful and perfect. Bonnie says, "It's a woman thing. It happens to all of us. Why are we so hard on ourselves?" John Denver said, "Some days are diamonds, some days are stones, some times the hard times won't leave us alone....." Anyway, chalk it up to the January blahs. Your birthday photo was gorgeous.
Everyone is right...it's a woman thing. It's not a pharse that we'll earn every grey hair and wrinkle we get. Do special things for yourself that make you feel beautiful and just remember with every year you've gained greater wisdom and knowledge because of the life you've lived. You are beautiful!
I think your mom was right, your birthday photo was gorgeous! It is now 4 days past my birthday and my licence is officially EXPIRED! Reason for not going in...I don't care to have a new picture taken! I think I'll go in tomorrow...no make-up and hair in a pony!
While I still think you are beautiful, I totally understand. I look at pictures of our early married years and before and wonder what happened to my fantastic body, and I don't even have 2 cute kids to show for my run down body. If you go tropical I am totally on board!
NAT!!! That is exactly what happened to me! My old license picture was good...like 3 weeks after I got married...I was tan, my hair was perfect, I had a big old smile on my face. Then my friend and I went to get new ones and we were both literally crying. Not to mention I still had on post-baby fat...so my face makes me look like a 400 pound person! Then the deathly tired bags under my eyes, my grown out hair...poor choice of clothes, etc...the list goes on. No Joke. My friend and I begged the people to let us keep our old pictures with NO LUCK. I feel your pain! ha ha!
Your are a gorgeous young mom, but I feel ya. If you do go on a vacation though dont take your younger, prettier sister like I just did lol. I didnt realize how much it would hurt my self-esteem but it did. We were all in swim suits for pete's sake!
Post a Comment