Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cooking Funk!

I am in such a rut with my cooking right now! I haven't really enjoyed anything that I have made lately.....help please! I need some new recipes that are healthy, easy and kid-friendly! You can leave them in the comments or email me :) Thanks guys!

Oh, and if you're looking for somethin' yummy to make here's one I got from my friend Staci:

1 whole wheat Pita
3-4 Slices tomato
3 fresh basil leaves, snipped
Grated mozzarella cheese

Heat about a Tablespoon of olive oil in a sautee pan. Put the pita in and top with tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper, and cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.
Yum!

3 comments:

Staci said...

ha ha ha! look at that! :) lol i have been making that a lot lately. so good, filling, but not too much. i've been in a summer rut too i think. i've been throwing together totally random things. making more salads... i'll let you know if i come across some good stuff.

this week i grilled some chicken and kept it aside to put with whatever i come up with at the last minute.

Amber said...

Natalie I know how you feel. I don't like to cook in the summer period! All that really sounds good is to grill but I am kind of sick of that even. The one thing I do love about this time of year is the fresh produce so I love to make stir-fry because it is versatile and my kids will eat it.

Stir-fry some chicken in a little oil until no longer pink, add in some fresh veggies ( I like brocoloi, mushrooms,onion, carrots, pea pods, & celery, or whatever) Cook veggies until desired (I like things still a little crispy. Then mix the following sauce together and once mixed pour over the whole pan stirring to coat. Cook until bubbly and slightly thickened.

Sauce:

1/2 C. soy sauce (I like Kikoman's reduced sodium)
2-3 Tbsp. Vinegar (rice wine is good)
1 1/2-2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2-3 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. Garlic pwd.(or some garlic paste if you have it)
1tsp. ground ginger (or grate in a little fresh if you have it)
Add a few crushed red pepper flakes if you want it a little spicy.

For other good recipes you should check out Whitney's cooking blog http://inmykitchenblog.blogspot.com She has some great dishes on there.

Monica said...

Hey Sis, we all go through this and it makes meal time miserable. Hope things are getting better for you and that you found some yummy new meals. We have a new neighbor who's a busy mom and loves to cook. She appears frequently on Good Things Utah and this is her web-site. See if she gives you some fun ideas. See you next week! Love you!

http://meals4moms-alynn.blogspot.com/