John had a couple days off this week (crazy, I know!) so we decided to go down to Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. It's sort-of just a big state park with hiking/walking trails and beautiful scenery. It was donated to the state by a family who set these stipulations:
That it always be called "Garden of the Gods"
That is always be free to the public
That they would never sell alcoholic beverages there
And a couple more that I can't remember!
And the weather was perfect. Just as it would start to get too hot, it would rain a little bit and cool down. Here are some fun moments from the day.....

There was another family of 3 visiting, and we just kept running into them. So we kept taking pictures for each other. I was glad they were so friendly!

Ivy and John loved our picnic- I decided I'm not much of a nature girl. I kept getting bitten by this horse-fly that wouldn't leave me alone, and my sandwich was soggy. Gross!

Ivy only stayed in the stroller about half the time. She would just prefer to be held, you know!

Pretty view. I don't know if you can see the climbers up there, but we had fun watching them. That looks like so much fun!

Ivy and I had to go check out some of the rocks. It's so interesting to look at the different layers, and some of the patterns embedded into the rocks. This one has a heart-shaped hole!
2 comments:
how fun! you are such a cute family!
Fun! What a beautiful place to spend the day.
Post a Comment