With Christmas coming up I've been thinking about what to get for Ivy. That got me thinking about the toys and things that I loved when I was a kid. So this post is for all of you who grew up in the 80's and 90's. I'd love to hear what your favorite toys were too!
Rainbow Bright! When I found this picture, I didn't remember her looking quite like this. But you get the idea!
Care Bears! They still make them, but I don't think the new ones are as cute as the old ones.
My friend had one of these, and I was always so jealous! It is actually a kind-of cool toy!
If you try to tell me you didn't have slap bracelets in elementary school, I'll know you are lying. They were the coolest- and the more you had, the cooler you were! hehehe
Teddy Ruxpin was seriously one of my favorites! He tells stories! I had Mother Goose too.
The Fraggles! I always watched Fraggle Rock, and if I knew that they had Fraggle dolls, I would have wanted them too!
5 comments:
That is awesome! Your post brings back so many memories! I loved all of those things, and yes I'll admit to having and wearing slap bracelets!
Nat-
thanks for the great flashback! I loved rainbow bright. My cousin Dani was rainbow bright for halloween.... and I still have my slap bracelets just in case they come back!
Good post. So I was a huge fan of the slap bracelets. I had so many of them. I think because they were the cheapest toy!! I also had a Brit-lite. My Mom still has it actually along with my easy-back-oven! And my Cabbage Patch Dolls (crimp and curl)! I wasn't into The Fraggles, but Nate was and he actually bought Grant a Fraggle Movie. Kind of strange.
C-Mas is really hard for that age. I am having a hard time with Cale too. Maybe she would like a little kitchen set or something like that, that she could grow into? I cannot wait to start shopping for girls!!
Have fun!!
Nat, I'm SO glad you found my blog! I admit, I do the same thing! ;) I didn't even know you had a little girl. She's a doll!! Keep in touch, ok? I still remember seeing you in the temple! :)
And yes, I remember all these great toys! It's funny what my mom has of mine that my girls like.
Julie
I totally used to be jealous of your teddy ruxbin and mother goose! I thought you were the coolest cousin ever...until I found out you could't have boy barbies...poor ken!
Post a Comment