Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Seriously, an update already?





I have a lot to catch up on! The kids and I spent the last 5 weeks or so in Logan with family while John was doing a sub-I at the U in Salt Lake. You would think that with the number of willing babysitters I had that blogging would have been a sinch to get done, but it was amazing how busy we stayed! So I'll just post a bunch of pictures, and make a goal to stay caught up from now on!









Nann and Grampa (my Parents) ready to go their annual Halloween party. Don't they look awesome? Ivy was so intrigued by my Mom's pink hair.





We went to the Pumpkin walk in North Logan with John's Mom. It was great!



At first Ivy was more interested in filling her bucket with leaves than candy. But don' worry, she caught on real quick.





Even superheroes like to eat leaves and grass occasionally.





We threw a baby shower for my cute cousin Brandy. So fun!






Grampa took Ivy on his 4-wheeler. She was pretty nervous at first but after it was over she just wanted to go again.



We didn't get to see a whole lot of our Daddy, so it was super fun when we did.







We actually had 3 Thanksgiving Dinners. One with my whole family (I think we number around 24 or 25 now). One with John' mom, and then we spent Thanksgiving day in Mona with my sister and her family. This pic is of Ivy and Swensen at my sister's house. And Yes, Ivy is eating her roll with a spoon.




Ivy helping me unpack :)


I thought that once we got home Ivy would once again be motivated to use the potty. She knows that when she does, she'll get to wear her big girl panties like Morgan, and Claire, and Liv, and Mya, and Dora the Explorer, and Cinderella and anyone else I can think of. Yet here the panties sit. So hopefully before she starts kindergarten. We'll see.


And last but not least my little master of drool. He had his 8 month b-day while we were in Utah, had his first hair cut, got one tooth, and was incredibly spoiled. At last weight he was 23 pounds, so I'd say he's quite healthy. He's lovin' table foods, and scooting himself around quite aptly on his tummy. He's such a sweet guy!

8 comments:

Monson Family Fitness said...

That was a fun post to read! I loved it...and it was so fun to have you here for a month even though I only saw you twice! Does Ivy have panties with her favorite characters on them? That might make her want to wear them more...she'll feel so pretty!

Natalie said...

Ivy does have elmo panties, and pretty flower ones. Sometimes she gets excited to wear them, but as soon as she realizes I'm going to be bugging her about going potty, she wants her diaper back on :)

Randi said...

What a fun trip! I love the Halloween costumes!

jill d said...

Loved the pictures and seeing a little of your UT trip. Sad I didn't get to see you, maybe next time.

The Davidsons said...

I love that they were superwoman and superman how cute!! Good luck with the potty training! We have been trying with Trey for a long time and still no success! Maybe someday!

Chris and Kels said...

Nat-

I came across your blog and it is so fun to see you and your DARLING kids!!! Annie said you came and got your haircut and things with you were great! I wish we could have gotten together while you were here. Are you guys coming for Christmas? Maybe we can come to Gma. Lucille's party this year...we always seem to be busy!!! Anyway, we should stay in touch. E-mail me if you have a chance kjchlarson@yahoo.com ~Kels

The Douglas's said...

It looks like you had a great time while you were out in utah. Oh, and Andrea (Andie) Choate told me to tell you hi. She works with me at the hospital. I can't rememjber if I told you that :) hee hee. ANyways, loved the post and pictures

The Boring Family said...

We're so excited you're back! I don't know if Morgan is more excited to see Ivy or I'm more excited to have you back! Glad you had a fun trip!