Monday, July 20, 2009

Working in the yard and other goings-on

Here's a little documentation of one of the joys of baing a home-owner. I was pretty excited about the yard-work part of owning a home before we moved in, but now it is just something I dread! It is so humid here, that I can't even be outside for a few minutes without being drenched! Also, I decided to be "green" and bought a reel lawn mower (non-motorized). What was I thinking?!?!?! I thought it woud be great to get a good workout by mowing the lawn, but it is awful! So, John was so sweet to take part of his day off this weekend and mow the lawn and trim the edges. Thanks babe!



On another note, Porter has 3 blankets which he affectionately calls "bee-boo" that he just loves. This is how he is usually found in is crib these days!


Ivy has finally figured out how (or rather has just decided) to ride her bike. She thinks she is big stuff. But she does get a little angry when she is going up a hill. She doesn't want me to help her, yet she is so mad that she's not quite strong enough. What a dilemma. But doesn't she just look like an angel?



6 comments:

Valerie said...

Hi Natalie, it's fun to see what you're up to! The humidity is awful, but having a house and yard to make your own outweighs the negatives, right? Your kids are super cute, and growing up so much. Ivy's hair is so long! Love it!

Bonnie said...

What do you mean 'just LOOKS' like an angel?!? She's perfect!

Bonnie said...

Porter will be remembered as baby Bee-Boo Bonks! He needs his Nann!

Shelley said...

I love that picture of Porter sleeping! 3 blankets huh, you can never be too comfortable. Looks like you guys are having a great time in Indy, I'm so glad. We sure miss you here though!!! VT is just not the same...

Skinners said...

I can't believe how grown up they are! Looks/sounds like things are going well! Miss you guys!

Cam and Chelle said...

They both look totally grown up, crazy cute!