Monday, March 30, 2009

My full-time job

John and I were talking tonight after the kids were in bed (and after we watched 24, of course), and I was complaining about how I never get a day off work. I offered to trade John for a day. I could totally figure out how to do surgery on a bunch of little mice, right? I also was complaining about how my "pay-checks" are pretty low for the amount of work I do. John agreed of course, but then he continued to reassure me that at least I have great job security in these tough economic times! Our kids are always going to need a Mom! At least for the next 18 years. What a wise husband I have! Oh, and as a side-note, I am officially known by the IRS (according to our tax returns) as a "trophy wife." Should I take that as a compliment?

8 comments:

Teri said...

Nat, It is nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels like this from time to time, but you do have a wise and "amusing" husband! I just had to laugh! Nice perspecitve

Neisha said...

According to Nola, kids are even worse after they turn 18 and you never stop worrying about them. Also, life is very difficult for her because I have 6 kids that she has to worry about too :)

So looks like a moms job is never ending!

Cam and Chelle said...

Congrats on being a trophy wife!! Heehee!

Amber said...

Nice to have job security. ;)And I think you should take the "trophy wife" thing as a compliment.

Chelsie Brady said...

Natalie,

I don't know if you remember me. I found your blog from Megan and Richard's list. Megan found me on facebook a couple of weeks ago. I was just perusing their blog list and realized I once knew you guys. We worked at the movie theater in Logan together in '01. Chelsie Choules (now Brady). Anyhow, your family is beautiful! Thought I'd say hi.

Chelsie

geeno said...

I'm so glad to hear other couples veg out before talking to each other. Ryan and I love to cuddle and watch our tv shows and then we have quality conversation after our brains have had a break.

If you are anything like my parents, you'll be working longer than 18 years from now - we still eat their food and borrow their cars on a regular basis. But I hear it's way more fun past the 18 year mark.

Skinners said...

Nat, your post made me laugh. I think we all go through that! John has a great perspective! It is nice to know that while a mom's job is never done (even after 18) that these kids that wear us out will be saying the same thing eventually!

Kara said...

Hi Nat! I just found your blog! Your little family is adorable, and I hereby award you the title of C.E.O. of your family! ;) take care!