Wednesday, January 2, 2008

HELLO!

Wow- I can't believe the holidays have come and gone already. I wrote 2008 for the first time today at the bank, and could hardly believe it! We had a great Christmas and New Years and hope you all did too! We were really busy the whole time, but now that I look back I can't really remember what we did! We did spend one really fun week in Utah for Christmas (pictures will be coming). And had fun with some friends for New Year's Eve. Does it count as a New Year's Eve party if I only made it until 9:30?!?!?! How embarrassing! I should just blame it on Ivy!
Things for us are going well, though. John started his internal medicine rotation today, and is excted to see what that has in store. He has also decided almost definately that he is going to apply to general surgery residencies, so it looks like we're in for the really long haul! He is such an amazing person, and I am so proud to call him mine! He'll be great at whatever he decides to do!
Ivy is a very busy toddler these days, and she keeps us on our toes. She is talking up a storm, and only stops when someone (besides Mom and Dad) is around to hear her. She is working on cutting 2 teeth (possibly 3) right now, so she sure has her grumpy moments. But mostly we just adore her!
I (Natalie) am very pregnant, and have been trying to clean like crazy, and organize closets, drawers, shelves, etc.... to get ready for this new baby. This is a very hard task when you have a "helper" rearranging everything you do. So I don't know if I'll ever get it done, but I have to try.
I'll post again later with pictures, but just wanted to give you all a little update for now, and let you know that we're still alive here in Denver!

5 comments:

Monson Family Fitness said...

I'm the spaziest person ever because I thought you were going to be in Logan for longer...so I'm sorry that we only got to visit for ten minutes! I would have made you stay longer in our pigsty of a house if I would have known! SORRY!

Celeste said...

I'm so glad that you guys had a great holiday. Thats so great that John has decided what he wants to do. I have no doubt he will be extremely good at it. You will be surprised at how fast the time will fly. Good to hear from you!

Mauri said...

cute new template! hey-would you please ask John if he by chance knows anything about our ten year class reunion that should be this summer?? thanks!

The Turleys said...

Natalie- Glad you had a good Christmas! Let me know if you need some help with Ivy so you can clean. I remember those days with Grant. It was so hard to clean, and then clean up the messes they make while you were cleaning. ahhh! It can be crazy at times. We will plan a day for her to come over in the morning sometime before naps!

Teresa said...

Natalie, your little IVY looks just like YOU in that snowsuit! Your Mom gave me your phone # so I can call you about this blog thing. I have some questions...a few things I can't figure out! I have started my blog and you can see it at www.brighthope8.blogspot.com I'll be calling, OK!