Sunday, February 17, 2008

Adventures in Cookie Baking



I have been wanting to make Ivy a little apron for a couple of months, and finally got around to it. It actually turned out (not to brag, but I was pretty proud of myself :), considering the sewing machine and I are not the best of friends. Ivy thinks she's pretty cool when she gets to wear it. So we made cookies to let her break it in! Ivy had lots of fun "helping" with the cookies, and even helped do the dishes when we were done. She was pretty darn proud of herself! Then we mailed the cookies to my Dad in Utah, so hopefully he doesn't mind that Ivy had her fingers in the dough!

15 comments:

The Turleys said...

I LOVE that apron!!! You will have to teach me. How cute is she standing up there helping you.

Randi said...

Wow Natalie! I didn't know you could sew! You never cease to amaze me. Ivy looks adorable as always! :)

Cam and Chelle said...

Great apron, cuter little girl wearing it! Nice work Nat!

Claydens said...

Good job Natalie! You're a great mom! Way to go Martha Stewart-oops I'm mean Ivy! Ivy is way cuter than Martha,but it looks like they have the same cookie making skills!

jill d said...

She looks so grown up! I love the apron and that you let her make cookies with you. My kids love to help bake or cook. I'm sure your Dad will love his Ivy cookies!

Colton and Ashley said...

Did I just see you holding her at church? SHE is SO big! Did she grow up in 2 days? Super cute!

The Boring Family said...

The apron turned out great! We'll have to have Morgan and Ivy bake cookies together some time! It would be quite an adventutre!

Anonymous said...

So stinkin cute! Can I place my order?? They are such good helpers at this age huh? Karlee loves to unload the dishwasher and put the clothes in/out of the dryer. Hope all is well with the 4 of you. Love you
Brooke

Anonymous said...

So stinkin cute! Can I place my order?? They are such good helpers at this age huh? Karlee loves to unload the dishwasher and put the clothes in/out of the dryer. Hope all is well with the 4 of you. Love you
Brooke

Amber said...

Cute little apron! Ivy is just such a doll. I am excited for the day when Will can help make cookies. His favorite thing now is just to destroy the kitchen and try to get into everything he shouldn't. I am getting excited for you guys. Only a little over a month and you will have your new little one. Fun!
Love ya- Amber

Andi said...

Hey Nat! I can't believe there are only 39 days to go!! I hope you are feeling so well. I am just so excited for you. Your little Ivy is the cutest.

Monson Family Fitness said...

That is so cute! At first I thought you made it before reading the post, then I was like, no Nat doesn't sew does she? But then I thought where do you buy kid aprons? But now I know you made it...good job!

The Donigans said...

Holy cow you get a ton of comments! Miss popularity.:) Cute new colors on your blog. I too do not get along with the sewing machine. Great job on the apron! My Lexi wants to bake a treat every day! "Mom, can we make a treat." No, we don't bake everyday despite Lexi's wishes.

Anonymous said...

Grampa Dewey LOVED your cookies, Ivy!!!! Nann too....I sneaked when he wasn't looking!

Carie Annie said...

So cute! Way to go on the Apron!